Monday, March 7, 2011

Pies and Princesses

So I finally have some work to show you. After working for literally 5 or 6 hours straight on homework last night I can show you some of the still not finished things I have going on :) First we'll do the stuff I'm doing for Corporate Identity and Packaging. Our assignment is to take a business, mine is Wimberely Pie Company, and create a new logo for them. After that we have to design a business card, letterhead, and envelope using the logo we created and whatever else we think it needs. So far I have a logo and two business card ideas. 
Here is my logo I've got. It still might change because it already has changed almost completely and my teacher hasn't see this idea yet, so we'll see how it goes. Here's one business card idea...
more of a classy "gourmet" pie feel. And here's the other one...
This one is more of a southern homemade feel. We'll see how he feels about each of them. Specially the second one since it's not the right dimensions the business card is supposed to be because well, it's shaped like a pie. 

So onto another class.Illustration. So far my favorite class of the semester. Now I'm sure Ashley has been waiting for a picture of this to go up so I hope she's happy with the results :) Here is my original pattern square.
Now here it is all put together and repeating
And I don't have the colors exactly right, but I've been messing with it since it's due thursday along with another half project for that same class. But here are the temporary colors. I would appreciate some feedback about them :)
YAY!! Actually I'd like feedback about everything I've posted so I can make them as good as I can. I have to have an online portfolio due by MArch 15 for an internship over the summer :/ AH! Well I'm going to go drink my coffee and play words with friends with my father :)
Have a glorious day!




3 comments:

  1. Britt, I love all of this! Great job on the Wimberley Pie Co. I like the black and white card with the black background for a business card. The pie is really cute too- maybe they could use that for a sign or on t-shirts. The princesses are precious...I wouldn't change the colors-I think they are simple and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove the princess pattern!!! So cute, and i totally wouldn't change any of the colors. I think it's absoulely adorable.

    ReplyDelete