Monday, April 4, 2011

After a weekend of relaxation...

I went with Jake to Corpus this past weekend to spend some time with his parents and I had a wonderful time. It was extremely relaxing and I didn't work on homework the WHOLE time and didn't worry about anything. I loved every second of it. Poncho had fun, even though when we got home to San Marcos we had to give him an extensive bath because he picked up a decent amount of fleas :( While we're on the topic of my little man, he did fine through his dental cleaning and all his vaccines and exams. We were a little worried because he has a heart murmur and heart worms and it's a little risky to put him under anesthesia, but he did really well :)

Why don't we throw in a goal for today....

Today's Goal: Thou shall not go into depression because your artwork didn't get into the show.

I put my hands drawing into the Student Show the other day to see if I could get in, and I'm not gonna lie I was pretty darn positive about it that I would get it. How wrong I was. I checked and found out yesterday that I did not get in. And I got REAL down. All yesterday I let Satan whisper in my ear and tell me how bad of an artist I was and how delusional I was to think that I was good enough to compete with all these more amazing students in the program here at Txstate. But after reading my bible this morning I realized that I need to be comfortable with my art, and if I like what I made, then that's enough for me. I don't need to constantly impress others and show it off. And now I'm a lot better about it.

Here are two more shirts I've designed.

Hope you enjoy them :) Have a glorious day

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these shirts!! LOVE your new wallpaper!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete