Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Creating

With my new class I've actually produced two pieces I'm extremely happy about and hopefully will be able to use in my final Exit Review coming in December. One is an editorial we had to do about some pictures of people we didn't know. We had to make up a story and create a 2 page intro to an editorial spread.


The next one was a book cover. Now, just to let you know, even though I absolutely love books, I am HORRIBLE at book covers. Idk what it is, but the last two that I've done I've absolutely hated and want to burn. So when we had to do another one I was pretty intimidated. I chose a book of poems called Hotel Insomnia by Charles Simic. They are very dark, and surreal. But here is the book cover I did for it.
:) I did all the stuff myself. Burnt the paper, burnt the match, and photographed the match. I'm really proud of the way it turned out and it will hopefully make it's way into my final portfolio.

On the work end I applied yesterday at UPS and they said they had a girl they had been talking to but that she hadn't shown up yesterday when she was supposed to. I'm praying that God will place me there because I really like the guy that owns it and I feel like I would fit in there and do a good job.  SO keep the prayers coming that I will be able to find another job and quit my current one. I love you my sweet family :)

1 comment:

  1. Britt, I didn't know you were back up and running! I love your projects! Especially the book cover. I could see where book covers would be really difficult to design-its hard to represent an entire story, or in this case, a bunch of poems in one image! But it looks fabulous, don't doubt your abilities!

    ReplyDelete